In the final year of the programme, all MYP students complete a substantial project that allows them to demonstrate a consolidation of their learning.
The following procedure helps the student to structure the work:
- Students are briefed on the nature, objectives and assessment criteria of this project
- The different approaches to learning in previous years, allows the student to complete a multi-skill tasks
- The students choose a topic they are passionate about
- Students receive mentoring from an assigned teacher
- Students keep a process journal
- Resources of school can be used
- The final project is presented in written format
- The project will be presented to an audience
By means of reciprocal interaction with adults, learning to make decisions and taking initiative, students have the opportunity in becoming life-long learners.