The International Baccalaureate Secondary programme has been chosen by the school as a follow up of the Montessori Primary section due to its compatibility. This starts with the mission statements and continues with practical implications. The IB focuses on international mindedness and skill based learning, which are also cornerstones of the Montessori pedagogy.
IB Mission Statement
Aiming to develop inquiring, knowledgeble & caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
International Montessori Mission Statement
Aiming to develop independent and self thinking individuals who help create a better world for themselves and others.
The objectives are:
To help children in developing their complete personality To assist them in becoming confident and enthusiastic life-long learners For every individual to become able to contribute to peace and understanding by developing respect and valuing differences.
HOW is this put into practise?
An atmosphere in which children:
- Feel safe and secure
- Develop independence
- Have opportunities to make choices and decisions
- Receive build-in feedback
- Have opportunities of reflection
- Become responsible towards themselves
- Become able to appreciate who they are and live their strengths
- Receive assistance in developing all-round skills
- Develop logical thinking
- Develop critical thinking
- Develop emotional and creative intelligence
A positive learning environment:
- That meets individual needs
- An aesthetic surrounding that require care
- Equipment that allows individual interaction
- Multi-age range allowing varied social interaction
- Quality interaction with teachers
- Balance of freedom and boundaries
- Opportunities to become responsible
- Knowledge through integrated subjects
- Holistic education